When did you last lift the lid on your business?
Is your business on the right road? Are all your employees driving in the same direction as you? How is the competitive landscape in your industry?
Planning and strategy seem to take precedence at start up time and wind up time and drop to a disturbingly low priority in between. Don’t be a business owner who is playing catch up. Right now is probably the best time to step back and take a look at the “big picture” with the assistance of an independent observer.
Reset your strategy compass at regular intervals
Running a business is an adventure – much like exploring. It suits people with vision, a bold attitude and a lot of perseverance. But don’t make it harder than it needs to be by forgetting to set your compass and direction. Taking the time to assess and refine your planning and strategy at regular intervals will save you time, money and vastly increase your capacity to bring in sales and profits. Rather than chasing after ‘maybes’, you will learn how to identify ‘probablies’ and lock in a much larger percentage of ‘certainties’.
This will make your business more streamlined and profitable. It will make it more valuable. And it will make it more appealing and lucrative to a potential buyer.
The most important thing that good planning and strategy does is ensure that your business can run without you. Until you can say that this is true, you are effectively working as a freelancer – not running a business. A business that relies on you and your skills is of little value to anyone else and the longer you operate in this way the harder it will be to change.
Rinnovate strategy and planning consultation assists you to create a business that is strong enough to not only sustain you, but sustain itself independently of you.
Strategy and planning sessionsStrategy and planning sessions and modules can cover any or all of the following:
• Preparation and/or review of formal Business Plans
• Analysis of internal and external influences on the business
• Succession planning – family and non-family businesses
• Grooming a business for sale
• Advising on governance of businesses
• Developing and communicating a Vision for the business
• Brainstorming and innovation workshops
• Strategic planning sessions
• Competitor research
• Competitor analysis and impact on the business
• Competitive positioning and strategy
Marketing adviceRinnovate marketing modules and advice cover:
• Strategic Marketing – preparing a formal Marketing Plan
• Review of product and pricing strategies
• Creating a unique selling proposition
• Optimising use of distribution channels
• Branding and imaging
• Guides to promotional spending – media, direct marketing, public relations
• Market segmentation and analysis
• Measuring marketing effectiveness